UK-based applicants only
- Contract Length: 3 months
- Start Date: 2021 December
- Daily Rate: £250-£400
- Work Pattern: Remote
Who we are
We are a growing Data Science Consultancy based in London and we are looking for a Python backend web developer to work on the development of our regulation technology product.
What are the project objectives
The objectives of the project are to apply the state of the art Artificial Intelligence (AI) to the UK regulatory corpus and deliver results within a set of API endpoints, providing integration and data as a service features.
What technologies will you be working with
You should have real world experience and good understanding of the below technologies and frameworks
- Languages: Python
- Restful API: Pyramid framework, Flask framework or similar Python web framework
- Databases: MongoDB, PostgreSQL
- Data modelling: Mongoengine, PyMongo, SQLAlchemy
- Code versioning: GITLab
What you’ll do
- Develop CRUD API endpoints to deliver functions and data to end-users;
- Connect backend services to remote or local databases securely and develop connectors to databases such as MongoDB and PostgreSQL using SQLAlchemy;
- Develop data models using SQLAlchemy to store data using validation;
- Use test driven development and be able to test API using pytest;
- Have more than 2 years of real world experience as a Python backend developer;
- Experience working with Pyramid, Flask or similar frameworks;
- Experience with developing secure, stable and tested API services;
- Any experience with developing data delivery APIs;
- Understanding of RESTful principles;
- Experience working with MongoDB and PostgreSQL databases;
- Experience using git repository code management and experience with collaboration with other team members.
- Skills using Unix systems (Linux or OS-X) because most of our Make and other scripts are based on Unix and not Windows
We recruit based on excellence, and believe that diversity is vital to success. We have zero tolerance for bullying, harassment or any other behavior that stifles innovation and collaboration.
If you are interested or if you know of anyone who is interested, please don’t hesitate to contact Jiaxin (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we would love to have a chat with you! 🙂