We are a London based Business Intelligence and Data Science Consultancy, for a project related to LegalTech, we require several people to help us label the legislation documents.
- A basic understanding of how to distinguish different industries, specifically according to the SIC code classification: https://onsdigital.github.io/dp-classification-tools/standard-industrial-classification/ONS_SIC_hierarchy_view.html
- A basic understanding of how to classify businesses into different sizes, specifically according to the UK company house classification
- Fluent in English (verbally and written)
- Familiar with the UK legislation in https://www.legislation.gov.uk/
- Have experiences in classifying industries
- Native English speakers
What you will be doing:
- Receive training and instructions from the senior legal consultant.
- Go to the labelling tool (an online application), open the documents that are assigned to you, tag relevant words that can indicate which industry/business size does this document refers to
- Discuss potential questions with the senior legal consultant through a video call and make changes accordingly
- We expect the majority of the work to be conducted in May and June.
- Ideally, we would want full-time working, but if that is not possible, the minimal is 16-20 hours/week.
- This work will be conducted remotely and independently and will have video call sessions with our senior legal consultants weekly to discuss.
What you will get:
- If Basic Requirements are met, a UK minimum wage will be given; If Preferred Qualifications are met, there will be an increase in hourly rate depending on the experiences;
- Training session by senior legal consultant on the UK legislation and how to assess which industries and business sizes does the regulation applies to.
- Recommendation letter after successful completion of the tasks
When applying, please send the below information:
- Your CV
- A brief description of how you meet the requirements
- Your availability in May and June.
If you are interested or know of anyone that will be interested, please feel free to contact Jiaxin (firstname.lastname@example.org)